Fall’s Top 5 Most Anticipated New Books
October 27th, 2015|
Fall brings pumpkin spice and everything nice! Along with new book releases and salted caramel lattes. Embrace the season by grabbing one of fall’s most anticipated books suggested by Actionable Books.
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
Brené Brown, the bestselling author of Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection is back. Her subject? Dusting yourself off after failure. It’s a book that Red Magazine has called “A mind-blowing, life-changing read”.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
In some way or another fear is a part of all of our lives. Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat Pray Love) has written this book for anyone who wants to help eliminate fear and live a creative life.
- Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
When Traction was first released last year it was met by unanimous praise from both critics and readers alike. Authors Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares have completely revised and updated their tome, an indispensable resource for anyone running a startup.
- The Very Little but Very Powerful Book on Closing: Ask the Right Questions, Transfer the Value, Create the Urgency, and Win the Sale by Jeffrey Gitomer
Gitomer is back with a tiny book that promises to pack a big punch. The Very Little but Very Powerful Book on Closing is for anyone in sales and even for those who aren’t. Remember, we all sell!
- The Silo Effect: The Peril of Expertise and the Promise of Breaking Down Barriers by Gillian Tett
In The Silo Effect journalist Gillian Tett has written an “examination of how our tendency to create functional departments—silos—hinders our work…and how some people and organizations can break those silos down to unleash innovation.” It’s already burning up the charts and is sure to inspire great debate.